GAP map

Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Easter

Hey everyone, hope you had a great Easter, and didn't eat too much! I think that dieting in Poland is physically impossible. Even if I use one of my few phrases, (I can now say I'm not hungry thanks), I still get food practically shoved down my throat. At least its amazing food (minus the cow stomach they tricked me into eating). So there isn't much writing happening today, just some snaps I took on our big weekend. My original plan was to go to Prague, but because the banks were closed money took a while to come through and things just didn't work but ended up better in the end. My host family took me on an adventure, and I got to meet both sides of the family. The first night we stopped in at Iwona's sister's flat, and had some coffee and cake and boiled egg, then we got to her mum's house, where her other sister and two nieces live. We spent Saturday night there, and went to church in the morning. It pretty much blizzarded as we were eating Easter lunch. So heres some pics from that half of the trip:

random photo

illegal photo of the army camp

grandma and aunty

church on sunday

snowing on me

and the farm

After saying our goodbyes on Sunday night we drove to Jarek's parents house, and spent the night there. On Easter Monday the Polish have a tradition of throwing water at each other, so I was woken up to a blast to the face on Monday morning by the girls. We had fun all day, and I got them back well and truly. And heres some pictures from Sunday night/Monday:

big scary church on easter monday

bobble head angel with jesus

Ok everyone, happy Easter again, and talk soon!

*ryan*

No comments: