GAP map

Friday, 21 March 2008

Good Friday

Hey everyone. Funny story! Today was Good Friday, and as Poland is an insanely Catholic country, it was a big day for everyone (the shops were still open at least). And a part of Good Friday in Poland is fasting meat for a day (not including fish), instead of how I was brought up where you fast for the whole season of Lent. Anyways, I figured that I went 2 years without meat, what could a day do? So I made it through until about 20 minutes ago, when I went out to the kitchen to get something to eat, and Iwona brought out the butter chicken she made yesterday (knowing how much I liked curry after telling her yesterday), saying that if I wanted to have meat I could eat this. I told here that I would be polish for the day, and not eat meat. She then opened the container and swirled it around under my nose, and I gave in haha. I think she was wanting to get rid of it!

No comments: