GAP map

Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Oranges

Hey everyone! Gosh I'm getting useless at this writing stuff! Nothing much has happened since the last time I wrote, except that I'm blonde!!!


Woop woop! And I hope to be blue sooner or later...a teacher said that she'd do it for free...well not really...five kisses! So that should be exciting.

Ok, back to life in Poland. My host mum, Iwona the high school teacher, is quite busy at the moment preparing everything for her students that are leaving at the end of this week. She showed me the forms she has to fill out...so much more impressive then the bloody NCEA certificates we get (mum where is mine, I haven't even seen it yet!). And so what finally convinced me to write up on here was my orange (hence the title). On an excursion to the corner shop (sklep) to get some phone credit, I found the biggest orange I have seen in Poland...and it wasn't one of these ones with the scummy skins like you usually get here, but like a proper orange that looked like it had come straight from Florida! So I went into Iwona's room to
show her that this was like the oranges we get in NZ and California, and she took it, looked at it, and said "Oh, thanks..."! He he. And it seemed completely normal aswell! Like everyone brings out a fresh plump orange thats been sitting in their suitcase for more then 2 months. So thank Iwona/The Orange for this post.

Next on the agenda is school...I have told you a lot about the school, but I don't think I've shown you anything. For today i have one of the BEST lunches that we got about 2 weeks ago (as usual I was running late and Hugh txted me demanding that I bring my camera to take a pic of the lunch. So here it is:

(In case you're wondering its pasta with fetta cheese and strawberry sauce...sooo good)

Okie dokie. Next, heres some pictures from three of my favourite classes. They are the 1 classes. I have them twice a week for 15 minutes each. And the teachers have to be some of the coolest aswell. Ok, so...
1a

(The teacher is Gosia, and she is soo cool. Doc Martins, Punk hair and crazy jewelry included)

1b

(And the teacher here is Ania...she is one of the nicest teachers aswell...and helps me out on those days I blank out and have NO IDEA what to teach about)

And I've just realised I don't have a phto of 1c...next time!

And the only other photos I have from school are of 6d (yes, the naughty class) in PE...so I'll add on a couple of them:


and


And the last thing for the day is some views from the flat I live in with the Tabakas.


the city


and the park outside my flat

Oh, I'm such a lier. Ha ha. I've found more pictures. If memory serves me right, this would be the last snow that we had, and more then likely the last snow of the season, as it was actually a nice enough day to wear shorts to work.


and


Ok, well I have to be off for the night, but talk soon! Please comment, its GREAT to hear from you!

*ry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see a new post. The hair looks good. The NCEA certificate is probably in NZ. Oh well. Love you lots. Mum/Mom