GAP map

Monday, 25 February 2008

First Day

Why does it seem that whenever you would like to sleep in and actually have the chance to, you are never able to? I was not needed at school until 11.30 today, and yet I could not go back to sleep at the ungodly hour of 8.00! It turns out that this gave me plenty of time to get ready, check the internet and do some dishes for Iwana.

Today was my first day of teaching. Well, I didn't really teach. Zosia (the teacher in charge of Hugh and I) directed the class, which was all about Yours Truly. The kids i taught were about 9 maybe, and it was the integrated class, which meant that some of them where special needs. The topic of today was, as mentioned before, me, and their assignment was to draw a picture of me and my family, knowing what to draw by asking me questions. And now i have my first marking to do. I may scan and upload the highest scoring one!

The school was a lot better then I expected it to be, and the principal much nicer. Plus the food was not bad at all. There was vegetable soup for starters, and spagbol for seconds with a strange gherkin salad.

It rained today, which means it is not nearly as cold as it was in the first week. And signs of spring are budding everywhere from the sprigs on the balcony to the beginnings of blooms on the bushes downstairs.

I got lost on the tram today. Iwana told me that trams 7, 9, and 25 go to Centrum (the centre of town). I decided it was time to pay Joanna, who works at reception at Nathan's hostel, a visit, so I got on the number 9 tram as it was the first to come, and I find myself in some suburb that the 25 was not in yesterday as I took the tram to town. So to keep from getting too lost, I got off the tram that had signs indicating that it was indeed the number 9, and stupidly got onto the next tram which was also the number 9. The tram then passes the stop Metro Pole Mokotowski, which is the stop some of the other gappers and I used to get to Galaria Mokotow, one of the malls in Warsaw. Realising I was in the complete wrong part of town after a couple more stops, I got off the tram, and got back on another one heading the opposite direction back to Metro Pole Mokotowski, where i could take the underground metro to Centrum. By the time I finally got to Nathan's, the journey had taken an hour instead of 20 minutes, and i had to be home in another hour.

That was the majority of my day, and now something new I am adding to the blog. It is called The Collection. Many of us gappers have taken to possibly getting away with a beer glass after a quiet one at the local. Here is a photo of my collection as of now. I will be updating it every time i manage to get something new.

Goodnight, and enjoy.

(As the camera is out of batteries, I will post a pic up tomorrow.)

No comments: